Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Birthday....

Was bittersweet. On July 22nd I drove down to Laramie to spend the night with Josie and Jewls in Cheyenne. At 10:00 that night Josie went running while Jewls and I walked/ran 3 miles- I thought I was going to die. The next day I slept in, almost forgetting it was my "golden" birthday. The 3 of us got ready and drove to Cheyenne to do some shopping and than attended the Kellie Pickler/Taylor Swift concert at Cheyenne Frontier Days. I had so much fun hanging out with them-we laughed ALL day and enjoyed people watching at the concert. At the concert.......... We saw a guy try to slip a volunteer $20 to get him and his friends to the front of the line- it only got him a few giggles from the 3 yahoos standing behind him (Us), Jewls about got knocked over by the overweight girl dancing out of control 2 inches in front of her, we were told by the 60 year old lady behind us that we were sweet and to inform all of our parents, I thought she was going to pass out when I told her we were SISTERS, she bought Josie and Jewls but was a little skeptical about throwing me into the fam? The concert was alright, Taylor Swift is a bit odd but whatever who wouldnt be-being 19 and worth 32 million? Jewls and Josie made it so much more fun! It was a great birthday- I missed my boys so bad that Jewls and I drove home that night after the concert to pull into the driveway at 3 a.m. Here are a few pictures from the concert, they make it appear we were standing close but we were actually to the right of the stage about 30 ft and everyone in front of us was taller than the 3 Skinner girls =)




I thought it would be fun to make a list. 23 things I've accomplished in 23 years....

1. Married in the Temple to the greatest husband in the World!
2 Gave birth to a baby, whose almost 3
3. Been a student since the day I graduated-5 years ago and still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up =)
4. Graduated from High School with honors
5. Served in the Primary for the last 2 years
6. Been told I look like Jennifer Anniston at least 10 times, appreciated that until I realized she turned 40 this year! Am I aging that fast?
7. Survived Bacterial Meningitis while 18 weeks pregnant
8. Bought and Sold our first house by the precious age of 21
9. Learned the true meaning of "Count Your Blessings"
10. Won a COED softball tournament
11. Bought a boat-kinda spur of the moment....
12. Laid 5000 sf of Sod in 3 hours, with the help of others of course
13. Backed over Jeremy's motorcycle (not proud of that just glad I survived =)
14. Learned I'm not organized, I'm Obsessive Compulsive about some things, for example when and where and what is going on?
15. Drank 64 oz. of Dr. Pepper in 20 minutes, only to learn that Jeremy can beat me in a "How Long can you hold your bladder contest?"
16. Had 4 different Jobs- My Current one at the hospital is the best ever!
17. Almost won a state soccer championship- lost in a shootout in the championship game my sophomore year
18. Adopted a VERY expensive dog from the pound who is now best friends with Bridger
19. Attended 6 concerts including my all time fav-Kenny Chesney
20. Given a "Clinical in Excellence" Scholarhip- My last year of nursing school is paid for!
21. Survived being hit my a DRUNK driver
22. Traveled to China
23. Sent/Recieved almost 100,000 texts

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great time!

Josie said...

Look how far you 've come baby.

laura said...

happy birthday!! sounds like a great day!

Jason and Denise said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought she gave a weird concert. Happy Birthday - we still have your present in our living room.