Wednesday, July 1, 2009

and the drum roll please......

As I start typing this post I'm already starting to giggle. Bridger is growing up so fast. Daily he reminds us of the simple things in life that make us happy. He still sleeps in his crib. He is 2 letters away from spelling his name. He knows about 100 books front to back. He still takes good naps every afternoon, unless we are at the lake of course. Everytime I threaten to get rid of Buddy, he says "mom, Buddy is my friend you cannot get rid of him." He talks about President Obama almost daily. He often still refers to us as Jeremy and Odessa not mom and dad. He will be starting Preschool in September 3 days/week even though he tells me he wants to go to Kindergarten. The other day he asked me if Jeremy and I went to high school, I replied yes. With a very serious look on his face he asked, "Odessa, who watched me while you and Jeremy went to high school?" I am realizing I passed on some of my OCD traits. He wants to know when, where, & what time he needs to be somewhere. He hesitates going to nursery but loves it once he is there. He can sing me lots of primary songs and prays for President Monson every prayer he says. He shows me how much he loves me by holding his little arms out as wide as he can and tells me he loves me this much, than he stretches a little further and tells me thats how much he loves daddy :) He is also the bad word police. If he hears anyone and I mean anyone say a bad word of any kind he tells them to go to time out and he wants to talk to them when they are done "finking" about what they did. Just ask Aunt Josie she had a few slipups this past weekend :) Overnight I think he grew 2 inches. He can no longer walk under the island in our kitchen without hitting his head and Jeremy's favorite pajama pants to put on him are a bit too small/short. They still fit perfect in the waist just not the length. Take a look for yourself.....
The hat is one that little Grandma gave him a few months ago. At first he didnt want anything to do with it and now he loves wearing it around the house and is super sill with it on.

4 comments:

Jason and Denise said...

Jason had a hat like that too...beware...He will wear it every day til 4th grade now! What a great kid! I had a dream about you last night...you announced you were having another baby...then told us that your new kitten gets to keep the bed when the baby comes. Not sure what that means...but if you want a cat I know where you can find one!

Odessa and Jeremy said...

Well, I hope your dream comes true eventually, but for now no Baby announcement :( What the heck a kitten keeping the bed? Now that's a tricky dream

Shayla said...

awwwwwwww.... this made me miss the little stinker like crazy. i am glad that he still knows where he got his cuteness from. can you please send him to me while i wait for Brig, i need a good laugh every day and max needs his buddy. he goes through your names every day... Audie, Brisher, Meme... and then says sadly, "lette" for Gillette. good thing we will see you all soon again, or at least Max will.... glad you made it through nights and still love your husband and son. we want to see some boating pictures next go round.

Lil Gma said...

I feel sorry for grand[arents with ugly kids.