Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Traveling to China

I traveled over 6000 miles across the world and ocean to visit my sister Morgan and her family in Shanghai, China. It was an amazing experience, ok the 12 hour flight wasn't much fun but I can't complain I did sleep most of the flight heading over there. I accompanied my grandma Skinner which for the most part we had an enjoyable time. We arrived in China on May 18th, 24 hours after we left Rapid City, South Dakota. Our flight actually arrived 1 hour early so we waited a bit for my sister to meet us at the airport. The chinese are very helpful although at times are a little pushy, I experienced this first hand. We waited to meet Morgan at the Maglev which is the worlds fastest ground transportation and of course the Chinese workers tried pushing us onto the train even though we were waiting for "our friend" to pick us up. I cried when I saw my sister due to some frustration and new experiences in a totally foreign country! Our luggage even all arrived including the stroller we took over for Morgan. The signs and translations are the first thing I noticed...
This is also a picture of me standing next to the Maglev and the speed it reaches (270mph)!


No comments: