Friday, March 30, 2012

Utah Trip

Last week Jeremy and I were both off work so we decided to head to Utah for a few days. We stayed with grandma Gilbert since Shayla's kids had been sick. Grandma Gilbert has always been such a great host and I am grateful my kids are able to get to know her and are able to spend time with her. Connor walked around the house looking at all the pictures of grandpa and would ask "grandpa go?" It brought tears to my eyes as my grandpa passed away 5 weeks before Connor was born, I sure have missed him but what great knowledge we have knowing this life isn't the end.
We enjoyed our time just hanging out with grandma! Jeremy can sure get her giggling because of all his jokes :) I am pretty sure she had fun giving him a hard time back. We didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked with Shayla, Brig, and kids but still were able to see them and even have a picnic before we left to come home.
We did some shopping, had a quick lunch with Lucas since he had a layover in SLC, and visit Temple Square as a family! Bridger made me laugh as he and Connor ran around the temple grounds, he told me he learned about temples and he even sang a song about it in primary. He told me we can be a family forever because of temples and is that so true! What a wonderful blessing!
He kept wanting me to take a picture of him in front of this waterfall and was very persistent. Later, he told Shayla he took a picture and was going to have me (his mom) print it off so Grandma Gilbert could have a new picture of him. He told her it was a surprise. Bridger is so stinking sweet and has a huge heart. I often lack in taking family pictures and updating grandma's and grandpa's so I am going to try and be better thanks to Bridge!
Here are a few pictures...

No comments: