Monday, May 24, 2010

I know I know, this is VERY past due

It has been 7 weeks since I posted, I know this because Connor is 7 weeks old! Let's recap the month of April. I had Connor on April 1st, went home from the hospital April 2nd, and went back to school April 4th.

Quick story- Before leaving the hospital after delivering a baby, each woman must fill out this sheet that goes to public health ,because here in Gillette we are fortunate enough to have grant programs that allow public health nurses to make welcome home visits for new moms free of charge! I did it with Bridger and am currently having a nurse come weigh/measure Connor every couple of weeks. Funny thing, my clinical day on April 5th was at Public Health and right when I got there one of the nurses received my paper. I thought her jaw was going to hit the floor when she asked if I just had a baby April 1st. I smiled and said yep that would be me :) I than explained that I was 4 weeks from graduating and just wanted to finish up so I wouldn't have any make-ups and was able to do so because of my wonderful husband, see next paragraph

Jeremy is the most amazing husband ever. He took 2 weeks off from work to stay home with the boys so I could finish my school and clinical hours.

I graduated from Nursing School May 7th, it was a very exciting day :) Bridger and Jeremy pinned me with my R.N. pin, I cried a little but mostly was all smiles as I am very glad to be done! There is no way I could have completed the last 2 years without my family. They were all so great to me. Jeremy pushed me to finish and made fun of me when I would fail a test :( My mother in law Joyce for keeping Bridger & Connor while I was in school and many times while I studied, I couldn't have made it without her! Little Grandma for listening to me cry and tell her I want to drop out and her sweet constant reminders that I could do it! My dad for his "Yippee" texts when I would pass a test even when it was with a C. All my siblings for their calls/texts to make sure I was still alive and kicking. It was a tough 2 years but I made it, I even received the Clinical Excellence Award!

Here are a few pictures from my pinning ceremony and graduation...


I was all smiles as you can see above
The cutest family at my pinning ceremony
This is my friend Janell from nursing school. We sat next to each other all 4 semesters and have grown pretty close. She talks as much if not more than I do so as you can imagine, we had tendencies to distract each other, but we both made it!


Friday night walking across the stage!
My friend Kellie and I.
Jeremy was all smiles as he is just as excited as I am to be done with this crazy journey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are soooooo motivated. You deserve the best. Way to go. lilgms
Not sure how to get rid of the jessica stuff.