Friday, November 21, 2008

Bridger makes us laugh...again

This afternoon I was laying in bed thinking about taking a nap. Jeremy and I had ran errands and Bridger had fallen asleep in the car but as soon as he was placed in his crib he woke up and started to cry. I let him cry, but Jeremy decided to go get him and see if he would snuggle with us in our bed and fall back asleep. To Jeremy's surprise, Bridger was crying because he needed to go to the bathroom. Jeremy placed him on the toilet and was still in the bathroom when I overheard the following conversation....

Bridger, "daddy, I going poop!"
Jeremy, "really?"
Bridger, "Yep, I pee out my penis and poop out my bottom."
Jeremy (Im sure his face turning red trying not to laugh) "oh really? (awkward)"
Bridger, "uh huh."

At this point I have a belly ache because I am laughing so hard in our bedroom. Jeremy than comes in the room and asks why I taught our son the proper word for his male parts. I told him because I didn't want to lie to him. He was a little upset and still hasn't gotten over Bridger telling him that. Any suggestions as to what I could/should teach my son when it comes to the anatomy of his body????

If that wasn't the quote of the day...Fast forward 5 minutes, the 3 of us are lying in our bed and I am not facing either of them when I hear Jeremy pass gas. Bridger pipes up, "Daddy, that you?"
Jeremy (laughing) "yeah," Bridger ,"daddy, need to go poop?" Jeremy and I both laughed hard at that one as well.

Kids say the craziest things and yet they are honest. He does pay attention to what we tell him and ask him. We do ask when he has gas if he needs to go to the bathroom/poop? I'm getting a little nervous as to what the kids at daycare and nursery know about our family...

6 comments:

bcwaldmann said...

I have lots of suggestions: big jim and the twins, his johnson, woodrow, his manhood, his danglin fury, his pee pee, his junk, his stuff, gonads, grundle, monster, harry and the hendersons. I could go on but they get much more crass.

bcwaldmann said...

tallywacker, his diddle, the captain, tebisticles,

Lil Gma said...

As a parent(haha), I do not think we called them anything at our house until you kids were old enough to come up with them on your own. I think that is a good idea. Wait til Bridger can make up his own names.

Lil Gma said...

Bottom is good word for the whole kit n caboddle.

bcwaldmann said...

wangus, mr. mushroom head, mushroom on a stick, twigg and berries, mr. happy

Brigham said...

Wow, Bryan just gave Odie what she asked for...and then some.