Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Weekend!



Thursday night Bridger woke up at midnight screaming his head off. He was extremely hot and kept saying "ouchie," so I put him in bed with me. That was a huge mistake, for the next 6 hours he was rubbing my arm and face and kept saying "hi mommy" every time I opened my eyes to look at him. Finally at 6 a.m. ( I only slept for about 1 hour) I had to get ready for work so I put him back into his crib and left for work. Oh by the way, Jeremy was working nights so he missed out. About 10 a.m. Jeremy calls and tells me Bridger has 104* fever. I get off work and come home and put him down for a nap. Friday night we have our first softball game and Bridger cried the entire time and had the chills even though it was 75 out. Jeremy decides to slide into 2nd and realizes that was a HUGE (#1) mistake. This is what happened....





















Saturday was sunny and 80 degrees so Jeremy and I decided to do some yard work. Ok, I would be lying if I said I helped with the yard. I sunbathed redneck style, I sat in a lawn chair in the driveway because we don't have a yard yet and read a magazine with Max and Bridger hanging out with me. 2 hours later I looked like this (mistake #2).....


















The carnival happened to be in town this weekend so Shayla and I decided we would take Bridger and Max and walk around. 5:15 Saturday night we are preparing to leave and Bridger trips over a strap on a bag and bashes his head into the dresser drawer! Blood instantly rushes all over his face and I wake Jeremy up who is sleeping on the couch and decide we better take him to the emergency room (mistake #3). We arrive at approx. 5:35 and sit in the waiting room until 6:15. At this point Bridger is happy and wants to run around but we didn't grab his shoes so we wouldn't let him down. 6:50 they finally call us and we go back into the room where their are 6 hospital beds seperated by curtains. The dr. walks up and looks at Bridgers head. I tell him about the blood loss and about how I am worried that it wont heal properly. He tells me that it needs to be glued shut and that I need to make sure and put sunscreen on it anytime he is out in the sun. He than follows with "and apparently you don't know what sunscreen is." Ok so I am a little annoyed but whatever. The nurse than walks over and squirts local gel anesthetic on a 2X2 and tells us we need to hold it on his head for 15 minutes. What a Joke! Jeremy and I attempt to hold Bridger down and he screams his head off. Remember there are 5 other "injured" people in this room. He eventually screams so hard that he throws up. At this point I am irrate that we are paying to make our own kid even more miserable than he already is. Finally the dr. decides he has heard enough, I am sure everyone else in the room had too. Next, 2 nurses and the dr. wrap Bridger in a blanket so he can't move his arms or legs. He is still screaming his head off and in about 4 minutes they have him all fixed up. The Dr. than states "don't worry about the paperwork just take this kid home." So Jeremy and I did just that and we learned our lesson also. Next time we will save ourselves the stress and superglue it at home! Here is what it looked like before the ER....


3 comments:

bcwaldmann said...

nice legs odie, maybe you should shave them sometime this year.

Goates' Family said...

Funny about the head, Mason had a huge gash as well! We didn't take if in, but I think that they would have done the same thing for us. Funny that they happened at about the same time. I have pictures of Masons on our blog.

TMATR said...

When you figure out how to remember to put sunscreen on everytime, please let me know, poor Ryann got your skin! Bridger and her can hang together.....