Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where has summer gone?

Over 2 months have passed since I blogged about our newest addition, Emma. We have quickly adjusted to life with 3 kids, especially a little girl. In Emma's first few months of life we have traveled and done so much. My parents came up the week Emma was born as did Chelsie and her kids. We had such a blast spending time with them. The end of June, Connor Emma and I drove to Utah for a few days with Chelsie and kids. It was fun to see grandma Gilbert especially seeing her with little Emma considering she is her namesake :) Jeremy stayed home with Bridger to work on our basement bedrooms which are completed and look fabulous! We also made a family trip to Denver to hang out with the Udalls and Waldmanns for a weekend! We took the kids to an alpine slide and carnival! Aunt Jewls was also there for the weekend and so she was able to take Connor down the slide while I stayed behind with Emma. Connor loved it! Emma and I made another trip to Denver the weekend before my birthday for a girls weekend where we saw Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney in concert! It was a blast hanging out with my sisters, mom, Vanessa and my cousin Jessica! I came home on my birthday (I turned the precious age of 26) to my little boys having the barfs which wasn't fun for anyone. They recovered rather quick! Jeremy's sister Jenell and her kids spent a few weeks here in the summer from Texas and oh how fun it was to hang out with them! Our kids would have had sleepovers every night if we would've let them. They spent numerous hours jumping on the tramp, playing in the water and playing dress up at Grandma's house! I have fond memories spending summers at my Grandma's house playing with my cousins so it's fun to see my children doing the same thing! Shayla and her kids came up the first week in august and spent a week at our house. We were able to take the kids to the cool science adventurarium here in Gillette. Bridger and max enjoy using their amazing imaginations and spent hours playing! Peanut and Connor were quite funny this time around. Poor Connor has trouble pronouncing "Avie"; his v's sound like b's. So peanut thought Connor was calling her Abby instead of Avie, so being the smart little thing she is told him "fine if you keep calling me Abby I'm going to call you Conter instead of Connor." it made Shayla and I giggle! Connor kept trying to explain that he was calling her Avie and not Abby buy he was and still is called Conter these days!
Bridger starts kindergarten next week, I cry at the thought of it so we will save that for next week when I'm drowning in my sorrows. Although funny story that happened today.... Jeremy, Connor, and Emma were napping today so Bridger and I ran some errands together. We were driving and talking about him going to school. He is super worried about how we are going to function without him being around and what or who Connor will play with since he will be gone so much at school. Then he said the funniest thing. being so serious he asked "mom, what will I do if I need to drop a deuce at school?" (that's what we call going poop at our house) he went onto explain that he has only ever done that at our house and Grandma's house. Most of you know what a private and shy kid Bridger is when it comes to using the restroom, (locks the door and all). Poor kid! I guess if going poop at school is the biggest concern he has we are doing pretty well I suppose :) It made me giggle for quite sometime.
Life at the Jensen house is flying by! We have enjoyed our summer especially since I have been on maternity leave! I go back to work Sunday night- Emma sleeps pretty well at night but isn't taking a bottle the greatest so please remember Jeremy in your prayers this weekend as he will be tending all 3 kids. Alone. For a night! He's a super dad so he will be just fine and I'm so lucky I don't ever worry about him or the kids while I'm working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the places we go and the things that we do. What a fabulous life you have.