Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One of many firsts...

Today I saw my firstborn off to school. The last week I have dreaded this morning. I have cried multiple times and yesterday Bridger told me how much he was going to miss us. In the last hour Connor has asked 6 times "is Bridger done with school yet?" I am excited for Bridger because I know how well he will do and how excited he is for school to finally get here. On the other hand, seeing how little he is and how grown up he seems makes this much harder. The tears are rolling down my cheeks just thinking about it. He had his outfit all laid out last night like I used to when I was little. He was up at 6:30 dressed and ready to go. I think it was disappointing to him when I told him we still had a couple of hours before he needed to be there. Bridger you will do great and this is only one of your firsts as you have many more to come! We miss you like crazy but we are excited to hear about your day when we pick you up!

On a funny note, this is a list of things Bridger has said or asked in the past few weeks...
"mom what if I have to drop a deuce at school?"
"mom, can I be home schooled liked Max?"
"mom, I guess you can run errands with Connor since I have to go to school."
"mom, what if I don't have any friends?"
"mom, can we go through the book
Club?" (this was during open house at his school- I was confused at what he was asking) he than went on to explain the room with all the books at school. "the library, duh!"

1 comment:

Lil Gma said...

Firsts are best. When it is your last it is sooo sad except you are on to other firsts. Whew!16 hitiesc