Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A few funnies of the day

After watching the election last night at work, I was quite saddened and disappointed. I came home this morning and found Bridger anxiously waiting for me. The first thing he said was he missed me and couldn't wait to talk to me. We had about an hour conversation over the election and I just wanted to share some of that.
Me: "Obama won."
Bridger: "oh no" with tears in his eyes "are you and daddy going to lose your jobs?"
I went on to explain that we won't lose them right away and that our economy in Wyoming especially Gillette is fueled by coal and oil but if things don't pickup we might not have them in the future. My poor little Bridger was so concerned. He is so sweet and compassionate that he told me "mom good thing you have 2 jobs so in case you lose 1, you still have the other" I had to laugh. He than went on to explain that he has been saving money in his piggy bank and if he needs to he will give it all to us and he has "so much" saved up. Our little conversation made me cry but also made me so proud for the heart Bridger has. I'm so lucky he's my little buster. On the way to school, he asked "mom how did Obama win when there was all that red on the map?" I realized he's too smart for his own good and I attempted to explain the electoral college to the best of my ability to a 6 year old. Tonight in his prayers he said "we pray for Romney that he may try again except win the next time." Jeremy and I looked at each other and both had to giggle.
We are proud to be American and hope and pray the future is brighter and better for all!

1 comment:

Lil Gma said...

Oh what fun to read the blog and to have the memories written down. Those pictures are beautiful. Love the pic of Connor sleeping and Emmies smile. Love the "Y" shirt.